What is Different?
Classes will be extended by half an hour, to now be 1.5hrs in length.
What will happen in the new half hour?
The last Half Hour will be to give you the opportunity to work on 3 things.
1) Flexibility. Specific Flexibility - namely directed towards opening your shoulders up, improving your Forward Folds, and all round to make your handstands better (and prettier). This will be for all beginners and any advanced/intermediates who need more flexibility.
2) Strength. Specific Strength - namely directed to three parts of Handstand Strength - Handstand Endurance, Press Handstand and Handstand Pushups. This section will be for more experienced practitioners (and people whom I think need strength more than flexibility)
3) Open Skill Training. As you advance in your handstand practice and want to move further into the world of Handbalance, you will need to be able to control and direct your own training. Here you will be working on skills. This is by Permission only and is intended for advanced practitioners to focus in on their training.
Can I Mix and Match Things?
If you have time yes, but I will ask you to not sacrifice the thing you are working on to go do the "fun" stuff. For many, this will be a good chance for people to take their handstand medicine, and work on the things that NEED improvement. So if you finish all your veggies, then you can have your dessert ;-).
How will I know what to do?
I will be guiding the Flexibility session. Here we will go through stretches, how long to hold them, etc etc. I might even do some with you, I'm feeling as flexible as a brick lately. If you are doing Strength Work, I will be assuming that you will know what you are doing. I will give you the reps/sets, you select your exercises (from the program) which are appropriate and then get to work.
Open Trainers will just find some space and get to work.
Can I make Modifications to the program?
Yes! Infact, I encourage you to make modifications. The main rule is that you aren't just making "lazy" modifications, not just doing your favourite exercises, or just letting yourself take it easy. If you do want to make modifications, it would be a good idea to let me know what you would like to change, and I can run through with you what you might be missing/need etc.
Key things to know for maximising progress!
I am not a fan of 100% training (except on occasions) so a common theme will be 70--80%. This means that when doing stretches and strength exercises, we want to stay at what feels like 70-80% of your maximum. For example, if doing strength, you feel like you had 1 or 2 reps left in the tank at the end of a set, this is optimal. Same with stretching, if you feel like you COULD go a little further into range but that it would be very painful, then we stay in the 70-80% range. Approximately every 4 weeks, you'll be able to push these boundaries a bit further.
Can I have a copy of the program?
You may write out in your own training plans/diaries the parts of program relevant to you. However be aware I won't be able to sit and go through every thing with you. Your best bet will be to get into classes, and you'll start to learn what is meant by things like "Active, Passive, Loaded" or "High Set, Low Rep" etc. I'm also not going to E-Mail copies of the program to people etc, any notes you want to make is up to you, to do yourself at class; so if you want to get the program, get to some classes!
Why the changes?
Because I have noticed some holes in the handstand game of the crew appearing, and I want to work on creating an all-round better experience and training tool for all my students. Ultimately, I want you to improve, so if I think I can change something for the better I will.
Does the Class cost anything extra?
No! Same Price! $25 Casual, 5pack $110, 10pack $190.
And that is all I can think of to update you all on for the moment!
Hope you like what I have put together, let me know if you have questions, or if this is not all clear as mud!
Hope you like what I have put together, let me know if you have questions, or if this is not all clear as mud!
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment